May 14, 2012
The Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles handles everything that has to with driving and owning a vehicle, from license issuance and renewals, vehicle registration and titling, to issuing license plates and much more. All of the above mentioned transactions happen at the BMV license agencies located throughout the Indiana state. However, you don’t have to go to your local office for all dmv matters, some services are available online and you can deal with them literally from your bed. We assure you that with our help you’ll save time and nerves and you’ll get things done at the fastest possible way. Just visit the best private DMV site http://www.dmv.com/ and go through their latest guide about Indiana BMV available at http://www.dmv.com/in/indiana .
Because we grew tired of all that line-waiting at the local offices, here we offer you all the information you may need as a vehicle owner /driver in the state of Indiana.
Types of offices and their locations by county
- For issues concerning titles, registration, licenses, commercial licenses, non-driver IDs, permits and more, are authorized BMV license branches. There you can also schedule your vision, knowledge and road tests, even though road tests for commercial licenses are performed only at third party test facilities.
- Reinstatement Centers deal with issues regarding suspended licenses, as well as driver records.
Important: BMV license branches and reinstatement centers are open Tuesday 8:30am-7:00pm, on other days from 8:30 am-5:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 8:30am-12:30pm, except for legal holidays. They are closed on Sunday and Monday.
- BMV2You Mobile License Branch is entitled to manage license renewals, titles, registration, non-driver IDs and voter registrations. The schedule of the mobile branch schedules varies based on location.
- You can use Self Service Terminals to renew registration or license plates. They are open 24 hours a day, except on Sunday from 6:00 am to 10:00 am – at that time they are closed for maintenance.
- CDL Third Party Driving Test Sites conduct road tests for commercial licenses. Different Test Sites operate at different hours, except for legal holidays. We recommend you to verify the hours at your preferred Test Site and making an appointment before visiting in person.
- Clean Air Car Check Stations are on your disposal if you want to inspect your vehicle. They are open from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm on Mondays and from 8:00 am-1:00 pm on Saturday, except for legal holidays.
The BMV offices are located in all counties throughout the State. To find your nearest local office click here.
Telephone customer service representatives are available to provide general information from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday, for the Driver Services Section and the Vehicle Services Section of the Transportation Department DMV.
For more info follow the BMV government site at http://www.in.gov/bmv/2336.htm.